Hello, Just so you know, you are using Internet Explorer 6.0 or under, and things will probably look a little weird. To get the full preemieproject.com experience, we suggest you upgrade to a newer browser. Try these, they are Free! Firefox or Safari
The Preemie Project seeks to provide comfort and support to critically ill infants and their families in Newborn Intensive Care Units in Iowa. We achieve our mission through the support of a devoted group of local and national volunteers.
We have a NEW Address
ATTENTION: Effective Immediately, The Preemie Project has a new mailing address. From here on, if you are mailing items, the address is
The Preemie Project
2607 Flagstone Court
Coralville, IA 52241
Volunteers that have been with us for the last 10 years will recognize this as our “old address”, otherwise known as TPP Headquarters. We are giving up our Post Office box because it has gotten too difficult to get donations picked up on a regular basis.
We have not turned in our keys to the PO box yet and will not for several weeks. So, if you have sent a package there, we will get it picked up. Once we turn in a change of address all mail will be forwarded for 6 months. No worries if you accidentally send it to the wrong place.
Posted by Laura Pabich on Dec 11, 2014 at 1:01 pm Permalink
Crafting Needs Update
Please note the the following updates to our Crafting Needs:
1. In accordance with the Safe Sleep Recommendations by the American Society of Pediatrics, The University of Iowa Children’s Hospital NICU and St. Lukes’s NICU, Cedar Rapids, IA will no longer accept blankets to pass out to families. Therefore, The Preemie Project is finding itself with a huge overstock of blankets. Until further notice, we DO NOT need donations of blankets of any kind.
2. Hats for our Christmas donation (Santa Hats, Christmas trees, Gingerbread boys/girls, grinch). See our Pinterest page for cute ideas.
3. Boy hats in sizes 3-5lb and 6-8lb. We DO NOT need girl hats at this time.
Posted by Andrea Knepper on Oct 29, 2014 at 9:09 am Permalink
Register now for Run for the Babies 2014!
Click here for the Registration Form!
Bring an item from our Family Support Urgent Needs List to be entered to win an awesome prize!
* Pampers Diapers- size N and size 1.
* Wipes (in the tub), preferably non scented.
* Maxi pads (without wings)
* Desitin diaper rash cream
* Formula: Neosure or Enfacare (lots of preemies go home on this) or Enfamil/Similac Infant (regular formula)
* Nursing pads
* Size 0-3 month boy and girl sleepers with snaps.
Posted by Andrea Knepper on Aug 18, 2014 at 11:11 am Permalink