Hello, Just so you know, you are using Internet Explorer 6.0 or under, and things will probably look a little weird. To get the full preemieproject.com experience, we suggest you upgrade to a newer browser. Try these, they are Free! Firefox or Safari
The Preemie Project seeks to provide comfort and support to critically ill infants and their families in Newborn Intensive Care Units in Iowa. We achieve our mission through the support of a devoted group of local and national volunteers.
Crafting Needs Update
Please note the the following updates to our Crafting Needs:
1. In accordance with the Safe Sleep Recommendations by the American Society of Pediatrics, The University of Iowa Children’s Hospital NICU and St. Lukes’s NICU, Cedar Rapids, IA will no longer accept blankets to pass out to families. Therefore, The Preemie Project is finding itself with a huge overstock of blankets. Until further notice, we DO NOT need donations of blankets of any kind.
2. Hats for our Christmas donation (Santa Hats, Christmas trees, Gingerbread boys/girls, grinch). See our Pinterest page for cute ideas.
3. Boy hats in sizes 3-5lb and 6-8lb. We DO NOT need girl hats at this time.
Posted by Andrea Knepper on Oct 29, 2014 at 9:09 am Permalink
Register now for Run for the Babies 2014!
Click here for the Registration Form!
Bring an item from our Family Support Urgent Needs List to be entered to win an awesome prize!
* Pampers Diapers- size N and size 1.
* Wipes (in the tub), preferably non scented.
* Maxi pads (without wings)
* Desitin diaper rash cream
* Formula: Neosure or Enfacare (lots of preemies go home on this) or Enfamil/Similac Infant (regular formula)
* Nursing pads
* Size 0-3 month boy and girl sleepers with snaps.
Posted by Andrea Knepper on Aug 18, 2014 at 11:11 am Permalink
TPP will be drawing for prizes each month for the next 3 months. Anyone that sends in a hand knit or crochet item from our “Current Needs” list will be entered into a drawing for two yarn prizes each month. Each hat and each pair of booties will be one entry for the drawing.
CURRENT KNIT and CROCHET NEEDS:
**3-5lb size BOY hats and booties. (any pink or purple in the yarn makes it a girl hat)
**6-8 lb size BOY and GIRL hats and booties (we always need more boy colors than girl)
**4th of July hats and Booties- Red, white And Blue. All sizes.
**Zoo Hats and Booties - All sizes.
**UI Hawkeye (Black and Gold) or ISU Cardinal and Gold Hats and booties - All sizes.
See our Ravelry page for pattern inspiration for the special donations.
We love to pin cute ideas on Pinterest.
We will be updating our website event calendar soon with mail-by dates for the 4th of July, Zoo and Hawkeye donation.
We have a photo album of prizes on facebook. Check it out to see the new prizes.
Now, let’s get those hooks and needles clicking!
Posted by Andrea Knepper on May 06, 2014 at 11:11 am Permalink