2013 Black Friday Fundraiser
November is National Prematurity Awareness Month. In 2010, there were 4,473 preterm births in Iowa. Unfortunately, preterm birth leaves thousands of Iowa families in crisis and needing support.
In honor of National Prematurity Awareness Month, we are campaigning to raise $4,473 to support families in Iowa NICUs. Funds will be raised between November 1st and November 17 and used to purchase supplies to support our programs at rock bottom prices on Black Friday (November 29th).
What can we accomplish with $4,473? Here are just a few examples:
1. Blanket Sleepers for 1,000 infants. Blanket Sleepers provide warmth and are recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics to help decrease the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. href=“http://www.thepreemieproject.com/TPP_Programs/blanket_sleepers” title=“Click here”>Click here for more information on this program.
2. Hand sewn bedding to support the three largest NICUs in Iowa for one year. This bedding not only provides a soft, comfortable surface for the babes, it also provides a warm welcome, nursery-like feeling for families in an otherwise sterile environment.
3. Going home baby care items for hundreds families struggling under the financial burden of an NICU stay. Items include portable cribs, bottles, formula, diapers, baby wash, etc.
4. Hundreds of Memory Boxes for bereaved families to hold mementos of their precious baby gone too soon.
We hope you will consider contributing to this campaign. No donation is too small and every bit helps!
Donations can be made two ways:
1. Via PayPal by clicking the button below:
2. Or Mail Donations to:
The Preemie Project
PO Box 1310
Iowa City, Iowa 52244
Note: Black Friday Fabric Fund
As always, it’s for the babies!!