Holiday Donations Request
It's that time of year again! We are ask for donations of handmade items for the holiday donations this fall. These donations are made IN ADDITION to regular donations. So we need xtra help from our crafters during this time of year. Please post a comment if you have questions!
The Preemie Project
2006 Holiday Donation Schedule
General Goals for Holiday Items:
- Hat and Bootie Sets/Blankets:
- 1-3lb 20 sets Small (25" to 30" square): 50
- 3-5lb 50 sets Large & XL (30" to 50"): 100
- 6-8lb 75 sets
- 9-11lb 30 sets
- #1) Hawkeye Hats, Booties and Blankets
- Use any hat and bootie pattern to make BLACK and GOLD "Hawkeye" hats and booties. Sew blankets with "Hawkeye" prints.
- Deadline: Turn all items in or mail by 8-31-2007
- UIHC Donation Date Friday, 9-7-2007
- #2) Halloween "Pumpkin" Themed Donation
- Use orange and green yarn to make pumpkin hats, and matching booties! Find patterns for "pumpkin" hats on our website: (Scroll all the way down for holiday patterns).
- Sew pumpkin themed flannel/fleece blankets too!
- Deadline: Friday 10-19-2007
- UIHC Donation Date: 10-26-2007
- #3) Winter Holidays Donation
- Winter and Holiday themed hats, bootie and blankets! Patterns also on the website.
- Deadline: Friday 12-14-2007
- UIHC Donation Date: Friday 12-21-2007
Here are some photos from last year's donation. Let's see if we can't beat last year's numbers!