Below is a small collection of our favorite patterns. We update this list periodically as we come across cute, new patterns.
- Jester Hat (A Preemie Project beginner favorite)
- Michelle's Preemie Booties and Hat (A Preemie Project beginner favorite)
- Seamless Preemie Booties
- Bev's Baby and Micro Preemie Ribs
- Carissa Knits: Preemie Hats for Charity
- So-Soft Preemie Hat
- Mock Cable Baby Hat
- Elegant, Simple Baby Blanket
- Knit Baby Blanket
- Alex's Baby Blanket NOTE: Do not use Pound of Love as recommended in this pattern. See our List of Recommended Yarn
- Basket Weave Baby Blanket
Bereavement PatternsBelow is a collection of patterns that work well for The Preemie Project Infant Bereavement Program. Before using a pattern that is not listed here, please email and ask if the pattern would work for the hospitals we donate to.
- Knit Burial Bunting - Touching Little Lives, adapted for larger size by Velda LaCoste
- Crochet Burial Bunting - Warm Hearts Warm Babies Please line all buntings with soft flannel. Flannel should be solid pale pastel colors or tiny pastel prints like polka dots, hearts, stars. Please, NO dark or bold colors.
Bereavement/Christening Gowns & Sleepers
- RoseBud Preemie Dress by Carol Minnis--knit
- Burial Gown by Lenore English
- Gown for Baby Born Asleep--knit
- Sleep Sack Patterns by Marcia Williams--knit -- We need these in all sizes (1 lb up to 11b). Use solid pale pastel colors only: pale pink, baby blue, are the most needed colors. Pale yellow, pale green and white are acceptable also. No dark or bright colors please.
Hats for Bereavement
Ravelry is an excellent website for knitters and crocheters that features a comprehensive pattern database as well as an easy to use forum. The Preemie Project has a Ravelry group where we share patterns, talk about urgent needs and update volunteers on special projects. You will find pattern ideas on the "pages" tab of our Ravelry page. Free registration is required for participation in the groups. Patterns are viewable and downloadable without registering. Join Ravelry to find a wealth of information and inspiration for your crafting!We pin cute ideas on The Preemie Project Pinterest Page