ATTENTION: Effective Immediately, The Preemie Project has a new mailing address. From here on, if you are mailing items, the address is
The Preemie Project
2607 Flagstone Court
Coralville, IA 52241
Volunteers that have been with us for the last 10 years will recognize this as our “old address”, otherwise known as TPP Headquarters. We are giving up our Post Office box because it has gotten too difficult to get donations picked up on a regular basis.
We have not turned in our keys to the PO box yet and will not for several weeks. So, if you have sent a package there, we will get it picked up. Once we turn in a change of address all mail will be forwarded for 6 months. No worries if you accidentally send it to the wrong place.
Posted by Laura Pabich on Dec 11, 2014 at 1:01 pm Permalink
Crafting Needs Update
Please note the the following updates to our Crafting Needs:
1. In accordance with the Safe Sleep Recommendations by the American Society of Pediatrics, The University of Iowa Children’s Hospital NICU and St. Lukes’s NICU, Cedar Rapids, IA will no longer accept blankets to pass out to families. Therefore, The Preemie Project is finding itself with a huge overstock of blankets. Until further notice, we DO NOT need donations of blankets of any kind.
2. Hats for our Christmas donation (Santa Hats, Christmas trees, Gingerbread boys/girls, grinch). See our Pinterest page for cute ideas.
3. Boy hats in sizes 3-5lb and 6-8lb. We DO NOT need girl hats at this time.
Posted by Andrea Knepper on Oct 29, 2014 at 9:09 am Permalink
Register now for Run for the Babies 2014!
Click here for the Registration Form!
Bring an item from our Family Support Urgent Needs List to be entered to win an awesome prize!
* Pampers Diapers- size N and size 1.
* Wipes (in the tub), preferably non scented.
* Maxi pads (without wings)
* Desitin diaper rash cream
* Formula: Neosure or Enfacare (lots of preemies go home on this) or Enfamil/Similac Infant (regular formula)
* Nursing pads
* Size 0-3 month boy and girl sleepers with snaps.
Posted by Andrea Knepper on Aug 18, 2014 at 11:11 am Permalink
TPP will be drawing for prizes each month for the next 3 months. Anyone that sends in a hand knit or crochet item from our “Current Needs” list will be entered into a drawing for two yarn prizes each month. Each hat and each pair of booties will be one entry for the drawing.
CURRENT KNIT and CROCHET NEEDS:
**3-5lb size BOY hats and booties. (any pink or purple in the yarn makes it a girl hat)
**6-8 lb size BOY and GIRL hats and booties (we always need more boy colors than girl)
**4th of July hats and Booties- Red, white And Blue. All sizes.
**Zoo Hats and Booties - All sizes.
**UI Hawkeye (Black and Gold) or ISU Cardinal and Gold Hats and booties - All sizes.
See our Ravelry page for pattern inspiration for the special donations.
We love to pin cute ideas on Pinterest.
We will be updating our website event calendar soon with mail-by dates for the 4th of July, Zoo and Hawkeye donation.
We have a photo album of prizes on facebook. Check it out to see the new prizes.
Now, let’s get those hooks and needles clicking!
Posted by Andrea Knepper on May 06, 2014 at 11:11 am Permalink
Prematurity Awareness Month Fundraiser
November is National Prematurity Awareness Month. In 2010, there were 4,473 preterm births in Iowa. Unfortunately, preterm birth leaves thousands of Iowa families in crisis and needing support. In honor of National Prematurity Awareness Month, we are campaigning to raise $4,473 to support families in Iowa NICUs. Funds will be raised between November 1st and November 17 and used to purchase supplies to support our programs at rock bottom prices on Black Friday (November 29th). Click here for more information and to find out how you can donate today!
Posted by Laura Pabich on Nov 07, 2013 at 11:11 am Permalink