The biggest need is for the 1-1.5lb, 2-3lb, and 3-5lb sizes. We need fewer of the 6-8lb and 9-11lb sizes
- Bernat Softee Baby
- Hobby Lobby Baby Bee Sweet Delight.
Biggest need is for light pink and baby blue – solid colors only.
About 1/4 of the sleep sacks used are pale green, white, or cream.
**Use yellow ONLY if it is a very pale yellow**
Crafting Guidelines for Knit Sleep Sacks:
- Do NOT use Worsted weight yarn. It is too heavy for bereavement garments.
- To size the sleep sack, first measure the chest; the chest measurement will tell you size range you are making. Check that the sleeve length and garment length are within the correct size range. Refer to our Measurements Guide.
- See our List of Suggested Yarn. This pattern was written for Bernat Softee Baby. The pattern works best with that yarn or Hobby Lobby Baby Bee Sweet Delight.
- Use solid color yarn only in the knit gowns. Simple is best for bereavement.
- Please knit the pattern as it is written. Do not add cables or other intricate stitches. A simple pattern is best for bereavement.
- The sleep sack opens all the way down the front and closes with buttons, not ribbon.
- Please bind off the sleeves very loosely so it is easy to get the tiny hand through the opening.