Most needed are 1lb, 2-3lb, 3-5lb sizes. Less of the 6-8lb and 9-11lb sizes.
3/4 of the sleepers should be solid pale pink or solid pale blue. 1/4 of the sleepers need to be white, pale solid yellow or pale solid green
- To size a gown, measure the chest first; the chest measure places the gown in the correct size range. Check that the sleeve length and garment length are within the correct size range. Refer to our Measurements Guide.
- Soft baby yarn is preferred. Worsted weight yarn is too heavy for bereavement items. See our List of Suggested Yarn
- Use solid color yarn only in the knit gowns. Simple is best for bereavement.
- The sleep sack should open all the way down the front and close with buttons, not ribbon.
- Please bind off the sleeves very loosely so it is easier to get the tiny hand through the opening.
Knit Sleep Sacks by Marcia Williams