The following is a list of items and supplies we urgently need. This list is current and was last updated on 08-20-14.
Please contact us with questions.
- Paper mache boxes for memory boxes (4 inch square , and larger)
- Braided trim
- Tacky glue
- Mod Podge
- Foam paint brushes
- Thread - new only. Old thread becomes brittle and cannot be used in sewing machines.
Hats, Booties and Blankets:
- We DO NOT need any 1-3lb hats or booties at this time.
- 3 – 5 lb BOY hats and booties (any pink or purple in the yarn makes a girl item according to the hospitals we support). We DO NOT need any 3 – 5 lb girl hats.
- 6-8 lb size BOY and GIRL hats and booties. We always need more boy colors than girl.
- We DO NOT need any preemie sized clothing at this time.
- We DO NOT need any holiday clothing at this time.
- Size 0 – 3 month boy and girl sleepers with snaps.
- Pampers diapers – sizes Newborn and 1.
- Wipes in the tub, preferably unscented.
- Maxi pads without wings.
- Desitin diaper rash cream.
- Formula: Neosure or Enfacare (lots of preemies go home on this) or Enfamil/Similac Infant (regular formula).
- Nursing pads.
We are revitalizing our Bereavement Program and have a huge need for all items.
- Blankets – sized 15 – 36 inches square. The smaller blankets should be white or gender neutral pastel colors for the very early losses. Other sizes are needed in white and pale pastel colors.
- Knitted Burial Buntings for early losses – white or gender neutral colors. Click here for a suggested pattern.
- Knit Sleepers – Please use stockinette stitch only. All sizes needed in white or pale pastel colors. The smallest sizes should be in gender neutral pastels. Click here for a highly requested pattern.
- Christening Gowns – all sizes.
- Knit and Crochet Dresses – White or pale pastel solid colors only. Should be long enough to completely cover the feet. Must be open all the way down the back. Must have at least a partial sleeve – the hospitals we support cannot use sleeveless dresses.
Monday, September 8, 2014
The Preemie Project’s Cy-Hawk Challenge!
Saturday, September 27, 2014
2014 Run for the Babies!
Soccer Field Parking Area, East Lake Park, Mt Pleasant, IA
8am day-of registration, 9am RUN!
October 18, 2014
Iowa City Work Group #5
Coralvile Public Library, Schwab Auditorium
10am - 4pm. Set-up begins at 9. Clean-up at 4.
View All Upcoming Events
The Preemie Project | PO Box 1310 | Iowa City, IA 52244
Copyright © 2007-2014 The Preemie Project. All rights reserved.
The Preemie Project is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization.
Having trouble finding something? Look at the site map
Hosting Provided by EngineHosting