Often preterm infants spend weeks to months in the hospital. This places most families under financial stress. The purpose of The Preemie Project Family Support Program is to ease the financial burden associated with having a critically ill infant. Some support, like a gas card, is provided during the NICU stay. However, most support is given in the form of baby care items at the time of discharge.
We are in need of donations of the following items for our family support program:
- Pak N Plays – new only
- Gift Cards for Gas so families can visit their child in the NICU (Caseys, BP Station, Kum & Go)
- Formula: Neosure / Enfacare (for preemies) or Enfamil / Similac Infant (regular formula)
- Bottles and Nipples – new only
- Sleepers (snap front or zip-up): Size Newborn, 0-3M and 3M (Greatest need is for 0-3M)
- Onesies: Size Newborn and 0-3M (Greatest need is for 0-3M)
- Blanket Sleepers: Purchased Halo Sleep Sacks (size Small) or sewn from our Sleep sack pattern (9-11lb size only needed)
- Diapers: Newborn and Size 1. Pampers preferred
- Baby Wipes: non-scented, tubs preferred over refills
Note: The NICUs have requested that we DO NOT donate pants or other clothing besides onesies, sleepers and sleep sacks.
Note: We can only donate NEW items to Iowa NICUs. If you send used clothing, they are donated to one of the overseas missions that we support.
Note: Any preemie size clothing we receive is donated to a medical mission in Jamaica.