The Preemie Project needs donations of knit and crochet blankets to include in packages supplied to Iowa Hospitals for infant bereavement.
NOTE: To request infant bereavement supplies for your Iowa hospital, please email email@example.com
All sizes are needed from less than 1 lb up to full-term newborn. See our Volunteer Measurement Guide for measurements for each size.
- Use yarn that is DK weight (3 – light) or lighter. See our List of Suggested Yarn
- When choosing yarn, it must be very soft. We love Hobby Lobby Baby Bee Sweet Delight.
- Do NOT use a pattern that is excessively lacey. The blanket should fully cover the child.
- The blanket must be lightweight so it does not overwhelm the tiniest infants.
- A heavyweight blanket will not fit in our packages
- Finish the blanket with a nice border to make the blanket special.
- If you crochet blankets, we recommend using a C2C pattern. Here is a good tutorial.
Page updated 12/21/2018
We need at least 2/3 of the blankets to be solid white. The other 1/3 needed in solid light pink and solid light blue. Do NOT use variegated yarns
You are free to use the pattern of your choice; here are a few suggestions.
Confetti Baby Blanket – Crochet
Spring into Summer Blanket – Crochet