The Preemie Project would like to donate red hats to Iowa NICUs for Valentine’s Day 2021. We need your help.
- Patterns with heart themes are great for this donation
- A red hat with a heart button or crochet heart would be very nice
- A solid red hat is very acceptable for Valentine’s day.
- Please make sure your hat can easily be stretched over the tiny heads.
- Please be sure booties and hat are in the same size range
- Acrylic yarn works best for baby hats. Please NO WOOL!
You can use any pattern you prefer but here are a few very nice pattern suggestions:
Snowfall Hats – Crochet
Heart Hat: You Are So Loved – Knit
Baby Hearts Hat – Knit
Red Hats for Preemies by Hands Occupied – Knit
Heart Applique Hat by Hands Occupied – crochet (note: do NOT use Red Heart Super Save like in the pattern)
We are hoping to bring this donation to as many NICUs as possible. The more items we receive, the more hospitals we can support!
Hat and Bootie Sets:
1-1.5lb 30 sets
2-3lb 45 sets
3-5lb 100 sets
6-8lb 100 sets
9-11lb 35 sets
Mail or drop donations off at the following address by January 15, 2021
Mail Items to:
The Preemie Project
2607 Flagstone Court
Coralville, IA 52241
Donation Deadline: January 15, 2021