The Preemie Project will be holding a super secret workgroup to make surprise Halloween costumes for Iowa NICU babies. We are very excited to have you come help us.
WHEN: Saturday October 21, 2017
Setup: 8:30 am
Workgroup: 9:15am – 4:00pm
Cleanup: 4:00pm – 4:30pm
WHERE: Coralville Public Library
1401 5th Street
**Please use the underground parking. The above ground parking is reserved for library patrons.**
You can sign up for this workgroup by visiting our Google Signup Form We will send out a reminder email the week before the event.
Our challenge has been to come up with items that could be made in a group setting and would be appropriate for potentially very sick hospitalized babies. We will be working on 4 easy items
1. Pumpkin bibs to go with pumpkin hat/bootie sets made and sent in by volunteers
2. Monster bibs to go with monster hat/bootie set made and sent in by volunteers
3. Fairy wings, headbands and tutu skirts for little girls
4. Owl bibs to match owl hat/bootie sets sent in by volunteers.
We are very busy designing patterns and making up kits for you to sew these items. We will need a lot of help to get this accomplished. We will need sewers to stitch up the items and non sewers to cut out, trim, turn, iron.
We hope you will come for the day and help us finish up these cute, cute costumes for the babies.
Please sign up for this workgroup by visiting our Google Signup Form
What should you bring to this workgroup?
- Sewing machine if you own one. We do not know how many sewers we will need but it is better to have too many than not enough.
- We are asking for 3 volunteers to bring a “good” irons. We will bring 3 ironing pads that can be used rather than bringing a bulky ironing board.
- We will NOT need sergers at this workgroup
- Sewing equipment that you prefer to use. TPP has scissors, thread and all fabric needed to make the items.
Lunch is always the highlight of our day. In addition to snacks, dessert and fruit, we are asking for 3 volunteers to sign up to bring a crock pot of soup. The TPP board of directors will bring sandwiches, iced tea and lemonade. There should be more volunteers than spots to sign up for lunch. So, if all spots are taken, just come and enjoy a yummy lunch. We hope to not have so much food that it is overwhelming and wasteful.
NOTE: There is a nice coffee shop upstairs if you require caffeine.
*There is no refrigerator in the room we will be in. If your lunch item needs to stay cold, a cooler or good ice packs would be helpful to ensure the health of all of our friends.*
Please sign up for this workgroup by visiting our Google Signup Form We will send out a reminder email the week before.